Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 14:30, 25 July 2010 +356 N Garden-path sentence Created page with 'A garden path sentence is one which leads initially to to a incorrect interpretation. Perhaps the most famous example of this is: *the horse ran past the barn fell The presenc...'
- 14:25, 25 July 2010 +219 N Global aphasia Created page with 'Global aphasia is aphasia which affects all language functions. It is caused by damage to all of the langauge processing components which are situated in the frontal and temporal...'
- 14:23, 25 July 2010 +20 Portal:Psycholinguistics
- 14:22, 25 July 2010 +260 N Conducton aphasia Created page with 'Conduction aphasics are unable to to repeat what they have just heard. This is due to the affected person having a disconnection between sound patterns and the production area. I...'
- 13:51, 25 July 2010 +643 N Fuzzy logic model of perception Created page with 'The Fuzzy Logic perception model was put forward by Massaro. It is based on the claim that categorical perception does not imply that people have a special module for pro...'
- 13:34, 25 July 2010 +222 N Dual-route model Created page with 'The Dual-route model is the idea that people can use a direct route to the lexicon (printed word to meaning) when reading as well as an assembled route (printed route to sound to...'
- 13:27, 25 July 2010 +34 Surface dyslexia current
- 13:27, 25 July 2010 +33 Acquired dyslexia
- 13:27, 25 July 2010 +33 Deep dyslexia
- 13:26, 25 July 2010 +411 N Deep dyslexia Created page with 'Deep dyslexia is caused by damage to Broca's area. The affected person is unable to use spelling-to-sound correspondence to recognise words and as a result tt causes the subj...'
- 13:20, 25 July 2010 +251 N Surface dyslexia Created page with 'Surface dyslexia is often the result of temporal lobe damage. It causes the subject to have to carefully sound out each word. This results in difficulty in recognising words with...'
- 13:17, 25 July 2010 +317 N Acquired dyslexia Created page with 'Acquired dyslexia is a disorder experienced by people who have lost some aspect of their reading ability as a result of brain damage. </b> Acquired dyslexia is an umbrella term ...'
- 12:44, 25 July 2010 +12 User:Hanachronism current
- 12:44, 25 July 2010 +126 User:Hanachronism
- 12:43, 25 July 2010 +1,905 Portal:Psycholinguistics added more titles for pages to be added
- 00:42, 25 July 2010 +33 Dual mechanism theory
- 00:41, 25 July 2010 +1,682 N Dual mechanism theory Created page with 'The Dual Mechanism theory also known as the "words and rules" theory was summarised in Steven Pinker's book of the same name. It is the theory that regular past tense verbs ...'
- 00:18, 25 July 2010 +31 Categorical perception current
- 00:18, 25 July 2010 +31 Cohort model current
- 00:09, 25 July 2010 +185 N User:Hanachronism Created page with '[http://www.replicatedtypo.com/authors/hannah-little/ Profile on Replicated typo]<br /> [http://twitter.com/hanachronism Twitter]<br /> [http://www.delicious.com/hannahlittle Del...'
- 22:52, 24 July 2010 +3 Portal:Psycholinguistics
- 22:50, 24 July 2010 +1,422 Portal:Psycholinguistics
- 21:58, 24 July 2010 +1,405 N Allophone Created page with 'An allophone is a conditioned realisation of the same phoneme. Allophones can be complementary allophones which are distributed throughout speech predictably and with re...'