Jump to navigation Jump to search
Antecedent government is a relation that holds between a and i if a governs i and is coindexed with i.
Utrecht Lexicon of Linguistics
- Chomsky, Noam A. 1986b. Barriers. MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- Chomsky, Noam A. 1981. Lectures on Government and Binding. Dordrecht:Foris.
- Lasnik, H. and M. Saito 1984. On the nature of proper government. Linguistic Inquiry 15, 235-289.
- Lasnik, H. and M. Saito 1992. Move alpha: conditions on its application and output. MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.
- Rizzi, L. 1990. Relativized Minimality. MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass.