Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 22:26, 20 October 2007 by Antony Green (New page: I'm Antony D. Green, known to many as Tonio. I no longer work as an academic, but I used to. Education: *B.A. in classics and linguistics, University of Texas at Austin, 1990 *M.A. in lin...)
I'm Antony D. Green, known to many as Tonio. I no longer work as an academic, but I used to.
- B.A. in classics and linguistics, University of Texas at Austin, 1990
- M.A. in linguistics, Yale University, 1991
- Ph.D. in linguistics, Cornell University, 1997.
- Dissertation topic, The Prosodic Structure of Irish, Scots Gaelic and Manx. Adviser: Draga Zec.
- Zentrum für Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft, Berlin, 1997–99
- University of Potsdam, 2000–04
Areas of specialty:
- Celtic languages, especially Irish
- Germanic languages, especially English
- Historical linguistics, especially Indo-European linguistics
- In preparation: Phonology limited. Habilitation book ms., University of Potsdam.
- To appear: Coronals and compounding in Irish. To appear in Linguistics.
- 2006: The independence of phonology and morphology: The Celtic mutations. Lingua 116:1946–85.
- 2005: Word, foot, and syllable structure in Burmese. In Studies in Burmese linguistics, ed. Justin Watkins, 1–25. Canberra: Pacific Linguistics.
- 2003: American English “r-colored” vowels as complex nuclei. Glot International 7 (4): 122–23.
- 2003: Extrasyllabic consonants and onset well-formedness. In C. Féry & R. van de Vijver (eds.), The Syllable in Optimality Theory, 238–253. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- 2000: The prosodic representation of clitics in Irish. In Clitics in phonology, morphology, and syntax, ed. B. Gerlach and J. Grijzenhout, 181–218. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
- 1997: A reexamination of Old Irish 1 pl. -mai and 2 pl. -the. Historische Sprachforschung 110:128–36.
- 1996: Stress placement in Munster Irish. In CLS 32: Papers from the Main Session, ed. L. M. Dobrin, K. Singer, and L. McNair, 77–91. Chicago: Chicago Linguistic Society.
- 1995: Old Irish Verbs and Vocabulary. Somerville: Cascadilla Press.
I don't have my own homepage, but see my ROA listing for papers I've written.